Where to buy Milk Thistle Extract? MR Natural is a professional manufacturer for Milk Thistle Extract in China since 2006.
1. What is Milk Thistle Extract?
MR Natural Milk Thistle Extract is a kind of standardized herbal extract of Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn. seeds. Its key ingredients are Silymarin, Silybin, Isosilybin.
Milk thistle (scientific name: Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn.) is an annual or biennial herbaceous plant in the Compositae family, which can reach 1.2 meters in height.
The stem is upright, with ridges, rarely unbranched, the leaves are the same color on both sides, green, with white variegation, thin texture, large inflorescence head, involucre middle and outer layer wide spatulate, oval, rhomboid to lanceolate Shape, bracts glabrous, the middle and outer bracts are hard and leathery.
The florets are reddish purple, rarely white, with short and wide filaments, flattened achenes, multi-layered, bristly, white, flowering and fruiting from May to October.
2. Source of milk thistle
Distributed in Europe, the Mediterranean region, North Africa and central Asia. It is cultivated in parks, botanical gardens or gardens all over China.
Place of processing is in Shaanxi province.
3. MR Natural Milk thistle extract specifications:
Most popular Specifications:
1.Silymarin 80% UV, no other requirements
2. Silymarin UV80% & Silybin+Isosilybin HPLC30%
All available specification:
|1||Silymarin Extracted By Acetone||UV70%|
|UV80%, Silybin + Isosilybin≥30%|
|2||Silymarin Extracted By Ethyl Acetate||UV 70%|
|UV80%, Silybin + Isosilybin≥30%|
|3||Silymarin Extracted Ethanol||UV70%|
|UV80%, Silybin + Isosilybin≥30%|
|4||Water Soluble Silymarin||UV 20%|
|5||Silymarin Low Residual Solvent||HPLC40%|
|6||Water soluble silybin||HPLC75%, UV96%|
|8||Silymarin Granular/Micronization||Accoroding To Customer’ Requirements|
|9||Silybum Marianum Oil||Refine|
CAS No.： 22888-70-6
CAS No.： 33889-69-9
CAS No.： 29782-68-1
CAS No.： 72581-71-6
4. Basic physical and chemical properties of Milk Thistle Extract powder
|No.||Test items||Specification and Standards|
|2.||Colour||Yellow to Yellowish-Brown|
|– in Water||Practically Insoluble|
|– in Methanol and Acetone||Soluble|
|– TLC , HPLC||To Comply with The Test|
|6.||Total Ash||NMT 0.45%|
|7.||Heavy metals||NMT 20 PPM|
|– Lead – ICP-MS||NMT 0.5 PPM|
|– Cadmium – ICP-MS||NMT 1.5 PPM|
|– Mercury – ICP-MS||NMT 0.1 PPM|
|– Arsenic – ICP-MS||NMT 3.0 PPM|
|8.||Loss On Drying (2 Hours 105 ℃)||NMT 5.0%|
|9.||Powder size||80Mesh, NLT90%|
|10.||Assay of Silymarin (UV test, per cent, Standard in House)||Min. 80,0|
|11.||Assay of Total Silymarin (HPLC, determined as silybin, per cent)||From 30,0 to 65,0|
|– sum of silycristin and silydianin (HPLC, per cent of the total)||From 20,0 to 45,0|
|– sum of silybin А and silybin В (HPLC, per cent of the total)||From 40,0 to 65,0|
|– sum of isosilybin А and isosilybin В(HPLC, per cent of the total)||From 10,0 to 20,0|
|– N-hexane||NMT 290 PPM|
|– Methanol||NMT 3000 PPM|
|– Acetone||NMT 5000 PPM|
|– Ethyl Acetate||NMT 5000 PPM|
|– Ethanol||NMT 5000 PPM|
|13.||Pesticide Residues||USP <561>|
|14.||Microbiological Quality (Total viable aerobic count)|
|– Bacteria, CFU/g, not more than||103|
|– Moulds and yeasts, CFU/g, not more than||102|
|– E.coli, Salmonella, S. aureus, CFU/g||Absence|
5. Manufacturing Flow Chart of Milk Thistle Extract
Raw material → ethanol extraction → concentration → precipitation → degreasing → drying → crushing, mixing, packaging → product
6. Milk Thistle Extract Powder benefits
a. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effect
Silymarin can protect liver cell membranes by preventing lipid peroxidation and maintain the fluidity of cell membranes. It can also inhibit the release of superoxide anions from neutrophils to reduce liver cell damage caused by inflammatory cells. Studies have also shown that silibinin can increase the expression of superoxide dismutase (SOD) in lymphocytes in mice with chronic alcoholic liver disease, thereby playing an antioxidant role. In addition, studies have also reported that silibinin can reduce the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and malondialdehyde (MDA).
b. Anti-liver fibrosis
A number of studies have confirmed that silymarin can achieve anti-fibrosis effects through antioxidant and direct inhibition of the activation of various cytokines on hepatic stellate cells (HSC).
c. Liver protection and lipid-lowering effect
Experiments in mice have confirmed that silibinin can reduce the levels of triglycerides (TG) in the liver and the levels of serum TG and total cholesterol (TCh). And these animal experiments also showed that after the intervention of silibinin, the liver pathology (such as steatosis, inflammation and hepatocyte ballooning) were improved to varying degrees. Studies have also suggested that the drug can reduce the weight of test animals.
d. Anti-inflammatory effect
Silybin can reduce the levels of many pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as IL-8, IL-6, MCP-1 and TNF-α, thereby exerting anti-inflammatory effects. This effect is achieved by inhibiting the activities of IKK-β and p50 and p65, thereby inhibiting the effect of NF-κB.
7. Dosage of Milk Thistle Extract Powder
Although there is no standardized dose of milk thistle extract, the optimal daily intake for most people is 20-300 mg.
If you want to take milk thistle to treat the liver, the recommended daily intake of milk thistle extract is 150 mg, taking 1 to 3 times a day. This is a higher dose and can be used as a natural liver detox.
For continuous use and liver support, take 50 to 150 mg daily.
8. Milk Thistle Extract Powder side effects
Side effects are not common, but include: Itch, headache, diarrhea, nausea
Allergic reactions are rare but have been reported.
9. Safety of Milk Thistle Extract Powder
Since milk thistle is classified as a supplement rather than a drug, it is not subject to the supervision and quality control of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Milk thistle is generally considered safe and well tolerated, with few reports of side effects.
10. Milk Thistle Extract Powder related researches
- Review of Clinical Trials Evaluating Safety and Efficacy of Milk Thistle(Silybum marianum [L.] Gaertn.), link: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1534735407301942
- Review of Clinical Trials Evaluating Safety and Efficacy of Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum [L.] Gaertn.), link: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/6287433_Review_of_Clinical_Trials_Evaluating_Safety_and_Efficacy_of_Milk_Thistle_Silybum_marianum_L_Gaertn
- Only One Study Shows Milk Thistle May Have Health Benefits, link: https://healthybutsmart.com/milk-thistle-benefits/
- 7 Science-Based Benefits of Milk Thistle, link: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/milk-thistle-benefits
- Advances in the Use of Milk Thistle(Silybum marianum), link: https://lung_cancer.quandora.com/api/files/2b7c325a-8eb8-48f8-b90b-03b4eb2b4035
11. Milk Thistle Extract Powder package & Notes for shipping
25kgs/drum, inner by double plastic bags.
Drum size: 35cm(diameter)*51cm(height)
Small order is accepted too. Such like 1kg/5kgs/10kgs.
For 1-50kg, we suggest shipping by courier, such as DHL, fedex. HS code we use is 2932999099.
For 50-300kgs, we suggest shipping by air. HS code we use is 2932999099/1302199099.
For more than 300kgs, we suggest shipping by sea. HS code we use is 1302199099.
12. Q & A for Milk Thistle Extract Powder
Q: What does milk thistle extract do?
A: One of the active ingredients in milk thistle called silymarin is extracted from the plant’s seeds. Silymarin is believed to have antioxidant properties. Milk thistle is sold as an oral capsule, tablet and liquid extract. People mainly use the supplement to treat liver conditions.
Q: Can milk thistle harm your liver?
A: Milk Thistle Protects Your Liver
Studies have shown improvements in liver function in people with liver diseases who have taken a milk thistle supplement, suggesting it could help reduce liver inflammation and liver damage.
Q: How long does it take for milk thistle to start working?
A: It might take more than 3 months for milk thistle products to show benefit.
Q: How long should I take milk thistle?
A: Milk thistle is considered safe in dosages of 420 mg/day orally in divided doses for up to 41 months.
Q: How much milk thistle should I take daily for fatty liver?
A: Some studies administered 70 mg to 80 mg three times daily. Others used once daily dosing, and 1 study used 540 mg twice daily. The authors indicate that doses of 70 mg 3 times daily or 140 mg twice daily seem to have the most robust therapeutic effect. Overall, participants who took silymarin tolerated it well.
13. Supplements containing Milk Thistle Extract Powder
- Puritans Pride Milk Thistle 4:1 Extract 1000 Mg (Silymarin) Softgels, 180 Count
- Best Liver Supplements with Milk Thistle – Artichoke – Dandelion Root Support Healthy
- Jarrow Formulas Milk Thistle, Promotes Liver Health, 150 mg Caps, 100 Count
- Milk Thistle 1000mg Silymarin Marianum & Dandelion Root Liver Health Support
- Zazzee USDA Organic Milk Thistle Extract Capsules, 120 Count, Vegan, 7500 mg Strength
- NOW Supplements, Liver Refresh with Milk Thistle Extract and unique Herb-Enzyme blend, 180 Veg
- Nature’s Bounty Milk Thistle Pills and Herbal Health Supplement, Supports Liver Health
- Life Extension European Milk Thistle-Advanced Phospholipid Delivery Soft Gels, 60 Count
- Gaia Herbs Milk Thistle Seed, Vegan Liquid Capsules, 60Count – Liver Cleanse Supplement
14. Where you can buy Milk Thistle Extract Powder?
You can purchase Milk Thistle Extract Powder from China. MR Natural is a professional manufacturer for Milk Thistle Extract. We supply it to USA, Europe & Australia.
For Milk Thistle Extract supplements, YOU can buy from online store like Amazon.
15. Other herbal extract good for liver health
- Andrographis extract
- Dandelion extract
- Black soybean seed coat extract
- Pueraria Extract