1. What is Siberian ginseng extract?
Siberian ginseng extract is a kind of herbal extract from Eleutherococcus senticosus or Acanthopanax senticosus.
Extraction solvent is 100% water in usual.
Extracted part is Dried roots and rhizomes of the herb.
It’s yellow brown fine powder.
2. Specification sheet of Siberian ginseng extract powder.
|Part Used||Root &rhizome|
|Assay(Eleutheroside B+E)||HPLC0.8%, 1.0%, 1.2%, 1.5% UV2.0% Extract ratio 10:1|
|Appearance||Brown fine powder|
|Sieve Analysis||100% pass 80mesh|
|Loss on Drying||5% Max|
|Sulphated Ash||5% Max|
|Extract Solvent||100% Water|
|Heavy Metal||10ppm Max|
|Aerobic Plate Count||≤ 10,000 cfu/g|
|Yeast & Mold||≤ 100 cfu/g|
3. Natural source of siberian ginseng extract.
There’re two types Siberian Ginseng in China. One is Eleutherococcus senticosus(from Gansu province), the other one is Acanthopanax senticosus (from Northeast of China).
Both of them contains Eleutheroside B & E. Eleutheroside E is higher in Eleutherococcus senticosus, Eleutheroside B is higher in Acanthopanax senticosus.
MR Natural produce extract with Eleutherococcus senticosus.
4. Production flow chart of Siberian ginseng extract
Raw material(Eleutherococcus senticosus root & stem) → water extraction → concentration → extractum→ spray drying → crushing, mixing, packaging → product
5. Siberian ginseng extract’s benefits
- Relieve the symptoms of the common cold
- Herpes simplex type II
- Increase energy and reduce fatigue
- Improve cognitive function
- Strengthen exercise
- Heal wounds and prevent ulcers
- Improve low blood pressure
- Reduce osteoporosis
- Reduce symptoms of lung-related diseases
- Prevent and repair nerve damage
6. Why can siberian ginseng extract promote sleeping?
First of all, siberian ginseng can make people work hard. Everyone’s body’s ability to resist labor intensity is effective, and the spirit’s ability to withstand stress is also limited. Once the stress in life exceeds this limit, the person’s body will become abnormal and insomnia will occur. The siberian ginseng can improve people’s tolerance and make people resist more stress. In this way, siberian ginseng can be used to treat insomnia indirectly.
siberian ginseng has a calming effect, which is why siberian ginseng can treat insomnia. It may be due to many kinds of reasons, especially neurotic people, it is easy to think too much, thinking too much will cause sleeplessness and insomnia. siberian ginseng can make people’s emotions become stable, make the fluctuating brain become quiet, make it easier for people to ignore or end those superfluous thoughts when sleeping, and make it easier for people to fall asleep.
7. Dosage for siberian ginseng extract
Recommended daily dosage: 300-400mg
8. Safety of siberian ginseng extract
Side effects usually appear at higher doses (4.56ml three times a day) (including insomnia, allergies, depression, and anxiety). People with rheumatic heart disease may experience pericardial pain, headache, palpitations and increased blood pressure after use. Very few use Those who have transient mild diarrhea.
Human studies have confirmed that siberian ginseng extract (33% ethanol) is very easy to bear and its side effects are very rare.
9. Branded Products contains siberian ginseng extract
- Elagen: Eladon Ltd. / 63 High Street / Bangor, Gwynedd / LL57 1NR / U.K. / Tel: +44-01-24-83-7005-9 / www.elagen.com. Hydro-alcoholic dried extract (10:1) of Eleutherococcus senticosus root extract standardized root at 0.4% eleutheroside B and 0.4% eleutheroside E in 375 mg tablets. This product is now called Eleugetic®.
- Eleukokk®: Pharma-Inter-Med / Am Born 19 / 22765 Hamburg / Germany. 10 g of test preparation consisted of 1.96 g eleuthero root ethanolic fluid extract 1:1 (0.20% (w/v) eleutheroside B, 1.30 g sorbitol water 70% (w/v), and 6.74 g dessert wine. This product is no longer available.
- Maxim-L®: Omega Nutripharm. No manufacturer information available. Eleuthero root fluid extract with 30–34% ethanol (eleutherosides B and E present).
10. Side effects of siberian ginseng extract
siberian ginseng is very safe to take orally for most adults, but possible side effects or adverse reactions that have been reported include: irritability, heart rhythm changes, headache, anxiety, muscle cramps, insomnia, vomiting, diarrhea, fever , Gastrointestinal discomfort, urticaria, nausea, lethargy, etc., and too high a dose may increase blood pressure.
11. Safety Precautions for taking siberian sinseng extract
It is safe for adolescents (12-17 years old) under short-term use (for example, 4-6 weeks), but there are few experimental data for long-term use, and the safety is unknown. It is recommended to consult a physician before using it.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you are currently pregnant or breast-feeding, because there is less information on the use of siberian sinseng in this regard, and the safety is unknown, it is recommended to keep it safe and avoid using it.
Bleeding diseases: siberian sinseng contains properties that may slow blood clotting. Therefore, it may increase the risk of bleeding and bruising in patients with bleeding disorders.
Heart disease: People with heart disease (such as patients with arteriosclerosis, rheumatic heart disease, or history of heart attack) should only use siberian sinseng under the supervision of medical staff.
Diabetes: siberian sinseng may affect the blood sugar control of diabetic patients. If you use Acanthopanax Senticosus and suffer from diabetes, please monitor your blood sugar carefully or ask your doctor before using it.
Suffering from breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis or uterine fibroids: siberian sinseng may have estrogen-like effects, so women with these diseases should not use siberian sinseng.
Hypertension: People whose blood pressure exceeds 180/90 mmHg should not use siberian sinseng. It may worsen high blood pressure.
Mental illnesses such as mania or schizophrenia: siberian sinseng may make these conditions worse and should be used with caution.
12. Clinical trial siberian ginseng extract
Effects of Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus maxim.) on elderly quality of life: a randomized clinical trial, link: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15207399/
Randomized controlled trial of Siberian ginseng for chronic fatigue, link: http://thishel.ps/PDF_Studies/453.pdf
Effects of Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus Maxim.) on elderly quality of life: A randomized clinical trial, link: https://moh-it.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/effects-of-siberian-ginseng-eleutherococcus-senticosus-maxim-on-e-2
13. Siberian ginseng extract powder package & Notes for shipping
25kgs/drum, inner by double plastic bags.
Drum size: 35cm(diameter)*51cm(height)
Small order is accepted too. Such like 1kg/5kgs/10kgs.
Package for small quantity is by aluminium foil bag and carton box.
For 1-50kg, we suggest shipping by courier, such as DHL, fedex. HS code we use is 2932999099.
For 50-300kgs, we suggest shipping by air. HS code we use is 2932999099/1302199099.
For more than 300kgs, we suggest shipping by sea. HS code we use is 1302199099.
14. Supplements containing siberian ginseng extract powder
15. Where to buy siberian ginseng extract?
You can purchase siberian ginseng extract powder(with eleutheroside B+E as key ingredient) from China. MR Natural is a reliable supplier for high quality siberian ginseng extract powder. We supply it to USA and Europe.
For siberian ginseng supplement, YOU can buy from online store like Amazon, Ebay.
16. Q & A about siberian ginseng extract
Q: What is Siberian Ginseng used for?
A: Siberian ginseng was traditionally used to prevent colds and flu and to increase energy, longevity, and vitality. It is widely used in Russia as an “adaptogen.” An adaptogen is a substance that is supposed to help the body better cope with either mental or physical stress.
Q: Can Siberian ginseng help erectile dysfunction?
A: Ginseng has been used for improving overall health. It has also been used to strengthen the immune system and help fight off stress and disease. There are different types of ginseng. Asian ginseng (from Chinese and Korean sources) has been used for unclear thinking, diabetes, and male erectile dysfunction.
Q: Is Siberian ginseng good for anxiety?
A: Stress is closely related to psychological disorders such as depression and anxiety. Thus, ginseng is potentially an effective candidate for easing stress and can therefore improve the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Q: Is Siberian Ginseng a stimulant?
A: Eleuthero is a plant that has been traditionally used as an immune system booster and a general stimulant. Sometimes known as Siberian ginseng, eleuthero is native to Japan, northern China, southeastern Russia, South Korea, and North Korea.
Q: Does eleuthero cause insomnia?
A: Although eleuthero is likely safe when used in the short term, it may trigger a number of side effects including insomnia, headache, nervousness, drowsiness, and hypoglycemia.
17. Other ingredients can promote sleep
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) extract
- Hop extract